Saturday, November 29, 2008

Our First Thanksgiving

Nate and I spent our first Thanksgiving together :) Albeit we didn't eat until 10:30 pm because Nate had to work a second shift... oh the life of a cop! But it was still delicious. It was my first time making Turkey Dinner, and I felt the need to document some of the delicious steps :)

The Turkey & The Brining:

Jessica gave me this wonderful idea that I should brine the turkey breast. I will never not do this. Oh-my-so-moist! .... However, they were not completely and properly brined due to lack of proper-sized kitchen equipement. Ahem, Nate! So I imagine if they were done correctly, they would be even better. A theory I shall have to test next year...

The Best Dessert On Earth: Raspberry Pretzel Dessert

Normally I only get this dessert once a year at Christmas because I DEMAND it :) And momma complies! However, Nate doesn't eat pumpkin pie.. or pumpkin anything for that matter, so here it is.


The Cranberries:

None of that Ocean Spray out of the can crap! And now I have an integral part to a Thanksgiving dinner leftovers recipe that I've been wanting to use for three years (Herbed Turkey & Waffles).


The Stuffing:

Which for this year, we will call a disaster. It started off well, but... ended in a huge quantity and not quite the right flavor. Good thing Nate likes it because he's going to be eating it for the next 2 weeks!


The Whole Meal:

Ta da!

Turkey deliciously brined and moist.

Scalloped Corn--thank you cousin Sasha. I think the leftovers are almost gone already!

Apple & Onion Stuffing

Aunt Rosie's Mashed Potatoes--these I tweaked a bit. Add some garlic, add some cheese, and turn them into twice-baked potatoes.

Happy Thanksgiving :)

Yes, we're real klassy like that. And yes that is sparkling juice; the steroids do not allow me to have alcohol. Wine... :( Literally, I whine :(

No comments: